Excalibur 1000 model #'s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Central Fla

Contributor
Reaction score
I emailed Minelabs several times asking for a breakdown of model numbers so that I could judge how current a detector is, I am looking at both new and used models and since the detecors have looked the same for so long I wanted to know how to judge the age of the detector. My guess is that minelabs isn't going to reply, can anyone tell me if there is some kind of breakdown to the model number or provide some detail to judge the age by?
Thanks
Central Fla

Cant help you with model numbers but can help a little with physical descriptions. The earliest excals had what is commonly called the horseshoe coil for it's horseshoe appearance. The headphones were red in color, the battery pak had a black excalibur decal and the plastic casing had very squared off edges. Earlier models also used grey cables. I think around 95 or so they went with the round bbs coil, blue decals on the battery pak, black cables, blue and grey headphones. Around 04-05 the coil cable size was increased slightly and for late 06 the headphone color changed to yellow. Dont quote me on this info, I'm only going by memory. I hope this helps in some way. There was a change in coil wire color also but you would have to open up the machine for this type of inspection. If you find a used machine and get a pic of it, send me the pic and I'll try to help you date the machine. pistolpete andersondetectorshafts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom