Excessive Ads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed.....on my desktop. The ads that have just started up are on my android phone, using Chrome. I can't seem to stop them; what has changed?
No idea. I use firefox on an iPhone. No ads there.

Excessive ads here too. Mostly using my Ipad. However, on the bright side, I had a row of beautiful models adorning the header of my Scubaboard page a moment ago.

Scubaboard.com never looked so good....

But back to reality, I’d prefer the ads like they used to be.

Yeah ads splitting up individual posts seems excessive...

Banner ads, sidebar ads, ads between posts - that all seems acceptable. But ads within the text of a single post seems a little excessive (first time I've seen that is today). I had disabled ABP for scubaboard, in case I saw an interesting ad where a click might help support. But it's distracting enough that I'm going to have to turn ABP back on. (chrome/desktop).

The ones beside the threads and under them are not bad but the ones in the threads is excessive....it's starting to get like over air television, not worth watching due to the adds.

Supporter here. I had left ads on, since they were innocuous enough, but today's are just over the top. So I turned ads off for now in the site's Browsing Preferences.

Out of interest I just checked on my phone (iPhone using Safari) which I don't usually do.

I too see ads mid thread (2 or 3)

None in Pub posts though - probably a good thing, you don't want the pub to kick off

Back
Top Bottom