excited about my new hobby...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nudvr

Registered
Reaction score
i just wanted to say hello and that I am relatively new to the forum and new to diving. I have completed my classroom and confined water dives and I can't wait to do my open water dives to complete my certification. I have already found that as soon as I exited the water on my last confined water dive that all I could think about was getting in a large body of water and dive down with the fishes. Needless to say I WILL be completing my OW so that me and my dive buddy can go on some real trips. Now if I could only decide on my gear......

Hi nudvr, welcome to the boards!

You'll have a great time on your ow dives. I did mine in Panama City, but no matter where you do them around here you can't go wrong.

As far as gear goes, my personal suggestion would be to take it slow. Had I rushed into it, I would have ended up with stuff my lds was pushing ..... and I would have been incredibly unhappy. I ended up renting for a bunch of dives and doing a bunch of research. I recently got my halcyon bp/wings and apeks regs .... and I couldn't be happier.

Look through the old discussions in the General Equipment forum ... the gear debates have been going on for quite some time.

Enjoy.
Nico

Yes, I've been saying for quite some time now that we need more nude divers! Welcome.

Ah........I bet you meant new diver didn't you? Nevermind. Anyhow, welcome just the same. I'm a new diver also. This board is a great source of information re all things diving, including gear. Too bad we (Atlantians that is) are so far from saltwater (more than a day trip anyway). I hear Lanier, though near, is not too pleasant of a dive, but I think I would like it just the same. It is very wet certainly and a good deal less expensive than Cozumel.

Happy Diving
Dave

You're going to love diving. I will never forget the moment I dove into the ocean and saw all the amazing things I never thought about right below me. My openwater dives were during vacation at the Marshall Islands, so it was an incredible experience/adventure.

Have fun! :lol:

the world of diving and good luck on your OW!!as for the gear, you really want to do some looking around at the different manufacturers and don't rush!(it is easier said than done when you feel like a kid in a candy store):nuts:

Back
Top Bottom