Excited!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Eagle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I guess this isn't something to post really but I thought it may interest some people. I went tonight and presented my scuba classes to a meeting of every boy scout leader in my district. I"m going to start teaching here and taking my classes down to a resort in Nassau. I got a lot of interest tonight so it looks like something may really happen with it. I'm excited and I can't wait to start!

Sounds Great The Children are our future,
My daughter is into Trap Shooting so I built a Trap range out back of my house for her to practice I also hold a trap shoot for kids in the summer for our local youth where I give out trophys and medals to the kids last year they had a ball. Scuba is a great sport to get kids involved maybe in the future I'll become a instructor and try a program like that in my area. Thanks

That Is Great NatureDiver, Let us know how it go's Good luck..

My son is in Boy Scouts and unfortunately there isn't a merit badge for scuba diving (something about it being too dangerous). Don't understand that! Like Backpacking in the wilderness, Rock Climbing, Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting, & Whitewater Rafting AREN'T??? There IS a special merit badge for BSA Snorkeling & some of the requirements are things that you learn in scuba class. If you have some scouts that aren't old enough to be certified or even if you have some that would like to earn the badge along with getting certified, pm me & I'll send you the requirements.

:sunnyday:

Cindy

Congrats, man! Good stuff. :)

I think that sounds so great. Both of my sons were in Boy Scouts, wish they could have had that available to them. My youngest took the Boy Scout Lifeguard training and passed it with flying colors. The toughest part was the distance swim he had to complete.

Keep us posted on your progress.

talk to NetDoc. He advises the ScubaDucks and could give you some input. Best of luck, and I admire your initiative.

Kurt you took the words right out of my mouth... NetDoc, would be a great one to talk to.

Back
Top Bottom