Exercise & Bubble formation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grazie42

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Maybe this should be in the med-forum but I posted here anyway...

Aerobic exercise before diving reduce venous gas bubbles formation in human, say a group of researchers in this article:
http://jp.physoc.org/cgi/content/abstract/jphysiol.2003.059360v1

Their sample is very small (12) but it seems like we need to get of our a$$es and exercise :zap1:

On second thought...that sample is very small...maybe we should wait for a bigger study :54:

Please note these key factors:
(1) The exercise was 24 hours before the dive; a single session with no more sessions closer to the dive.
(2) The exercise wasn't soon after a dive.
Rick

Rich:
You are correct...My thought with posting the text was that people would follow the link and read the whole article, those who don´t would propably have gotten the wrong idea, if not for your post.

Doc Vikingo:
Thank you for the info. Didnt know that light exercise after a dive was good, the article was informative...

I don´t think I´ll ever start "working out" to reduce risks of DCS but the thing about no strenous work after diving does have me slightly worried as I sometimes dive in remote locations and have to haul my gear some distance.

Back
Top Bottom