Exercises to Gain Stamina for Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The theory behind the workout looks good, and I'm always up for a challenge!!! But, I'm unsure of what some of the exrecises are? Particularly Dolphins, Ball reach, push press & plank, and Pullover. Do you regulate your heart rate through speed or weight? i.e. where weights are involved is a lighter weight @ high reps used in favour of heavy weight low reps?
If you're serious about getting fit, and regulating your heart rate, your first order of business is a heart rate monitor.

I use a Polar F11, and you very quickly become aware of which exercises will get you pumping, and which will just allow you to dog it... You'd be surprised... The toughest, and quickest way of pushing up your heart rate, for me, is bag work (heavy bag - you don't necessarily have to hit it incredibly hard, just often, and with good form).

An HRM will also allow you to set goals for your cardio work, based on your condition, age, etc.

Good luck...

Go to your local pool with snorckling gear and practice a light gentel frog kick. Climing stairs or hicking some local foothills will build your cardio vascular system and legs. Start slow and work your up,you dont have to trian like a navy seal.

running in sand is also great.you dont have to run very far to acheive agood work out. i now this is not working out at home getting out of the house makes the workout more interesting.

If you're serious about getting fit, and regulating your heart rate, your first order of business is a heart rate monitor.

I use a Polar F11, and you very quickly become aware of which exercises will get you pumping, and which will just allow you to dog it... You'd be surprised... The toughest, and quickest way of pushing up your heart rate, for me, is bag work (heavy bag - you don't necessarily have to hit it incredibly hard, just often, and with good form).

An HRM will also allow you to set goals for your cardio work, based on your condition, age, etc.

Good luck...
I've got a Polar F55 fantastic watch/monitor I wear it all the time (the watch part that is). My query was relating to the mode of workout - are we going for speed or are we trying to move heavy weights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom