Exercises without tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UTD: when drinking kool aid isn't enough and you start snorting pixie sticks

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I sincerely wish that I thought I could get away with putting this as a quote in my signature block...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

To be candid, I didn’t find anything in those videos to be particularly innovative.

The music might have had a negative impact on my perception.

I figured out why I wasn’t very impressed with the rotational drill in this UTD video. I do it already in my twinset rig while on the surface waiting for others to get in the water. Roll down, study the topography of the descent point and check out the sealife, roll up, check on my mates, take another breath and roll back over to look underwater.

I came across these UTD makeover videos years ago and thought that it was a systematic way of building up buoyancy control in students.

I don't have formal instructional experience, but when I mentor my friends in the pool I find it extremely hard to change their buoyancy/trim bad habits, that sometimes I think about getting a hose splicer so I can reproduce the method used by UTD makeover.

How do you practice proper body position and fin kicks at the surface? It's pretty hard for your fins to push water if they aren't in it.

Here's a hint: belly-up you won't have to hold your breath.

Back
Top Bottom