Expensive???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saniflush

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
What am I missing? It must be something. In looking at pricing to dive in Belize next April it seems to be quite expensive.
For the kinds of pricing I am seeing in looking online we would be better off by a wide margin doing a liveaboard or just going somewhere else all together.
Is it truly just this expensive or am I missing something?

What am I missing? It must be something. In looking at pricing to dive in Belize next April it seems to be quite expensive.
For the kinds of pricing I am seeing in looking online we would be better off by a wide margin doing a liveaboard or just going somewhere else all together.
Is it truly just this expensive or am I missing something?
What places are you looking at? There is a wide selection and prices vary.

Ditto. You can stay on Ambergris or Caulker, and dive the local reefs for about the same cost as Cozumel. But the premium diving is the outer atolls where the resorts are quite remote and expensive.

Sorry, I should have included what I was looking at. Staying on Placencia and just doing standard diving looks like anywhere between 3-6 hundred $ a day for Mrs Flush and myself. I have zero problem paying for diving but off the top of my head it seems excessive in cost.
Again, this may be right in line but I was not expecting that.

Looks like dive trips are a bit expensive there. I'm seeing $140/trip for the local reefs. Go to Ambergris if you want economical Belize diving.

You can stay on Caye Caulker, with a WIDE range of accommodation choices ($-$$$$) from a bed in a hostel to four star resorts and all ranges of private condominiums, apts & houses, and do 2 - tank dives everyday, never boat longer than 30 minutes (20 avg) and do manatee snorkel (if around) for around $125/person all inclusive with my guy. Small groups (2-8), great staff and Caye Caulker!!!

Last edited:
minimum boat rides from Placencia are 30 mins - the better atolls double that.Some trips they provide lunch as well Costs more to tie up the boat/crew all day so they pass that on to you. There's no close/shore diving in south Belize so for that the suggestion above...

You can stay on Caye Caulker and do 2 - tank dives everyday, never boat longer than 30 minutes (20 avg) and do manatee snorkel (if around) for around $125/person all inclusive with my guy. Small groups (2-8), great staff and Caye Caulker!!!

This. We stayed on Caye Caulker two years ago and had a great time. Nice to be able to walk around the island. Not expensive. Local reefs not quite the outer atolls but pretty good. We mostly hit Ambergris sites.

Feel free to PM me for more detailed information about Caye Caulker, my Dive Master, accommodations or any other pertinent, or impertinent, information.

I'll even offer a free golf cart tour of the whole southern island (1.75 miles long, avg 3/4 mile wide)

@Saniflush I know that you are thinking about next April, but if you are interested the Aggressor still has their 35% off special going for one more day. You have to book by August 15 and travel by the end of the year. I don't know if they still have space on either of the Belize Aggressors - but it may be worth considering - because that is probably the cheapest price they will offer this year. I believe that you fly into Belize City and board the boat at the harbor.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom