-Experimental- Pocket supports for Aqua Lung Fusion TECH AirCore version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a photo of pocket on Fusion Fit. Neoprene skin with pocket support system.

50FE6DB3-A9D9-43E9-A4A7-BF79D30A2D80.jpeg

Hmmm... simple enough. Is there a fairly stiff backing on the pockets?

That probably wouldn't work so well on the Tech since the pocket is so floppy.

Hmmm... simple enough. Is there a fairly stiff backing on the pockets?

That probably wouldn't work so well on the Tech since the pocket is so floppy.

No stiff backing on the pockets at all. Just some reinforcing around the grommet.

grommets.jpg

grommets are plastic snap together with a rubber gasket inside the bottom piece
inside loops.jpg

You can see the grommets through the back of the pockets here. Only through the inside layer. Temporarily tied the bungee off underneath of the pocket so I could dive last Sunday. I will figure out a way to support the pocket a little better next. Possibly using the fuel hose arrangement.-JD- is using. How is that working for you -JD-?

View attachment 573255
grommets are plastic snap together with a rubber gasket inside the bottom pieceView attachment 573256
You can see the grommets through the back of the pockets here. Only through the inside layer. Temporarily tied the bungee off underneath of the pocket so I could dive last Sunday. I will figure out a way to support the pocket a little better next. Possibly using the fuel hose arrangement.-JD- is using. How is that working for you -JD-?
Seemed good while leak-testing my core in the pool. I won't get to catually dive it until likely May.

Your DIY pocket hack is much more sophisticated than what come with the Fusion Bullet. The pocket support is just 1/8 inch bungee that is tied to hooks that connect to the little webbing tabs on the Core and then pass through a grommeted hole in the pockets of the skin.

I guess the cord lock is supposed to rest against the grommeted hole to provide support to the pockets. I don't feel the pockets are supported all that much when tightening the bungee, it just makes the thigh area feel more restricted.

Perhaps I will modify my skin to what you have done.

Good job!

-Z

Been thinking of gluing a patch of Velcro to the back of the pocket and on the suit......simple, effective?

Been thinking of gluing a patch of Velcro to the back of the pocket and on the suit......simple, effective?
The older Whites Fusion suits were connected at the neck and ankles by velcro. That should support the pockets fine as long as you get the velcro in the right place when installing.

Part of me thinks that could be a great idea ...

With the bungee, the weight is carried through to the suspenders.

With the velcro, the core would have to be streched out tight to a bearing point. It would probablably work best if you are close to the maximum possible size to fit in the core.

It would ceratinly keep the pocket better shaped.

I hope this works for you. I have to tell you that the pockets on the Bullet (I've got one of the old Whites Drycore) aren't much better -- the fact that they're spandex works against them. They stretch and pull all over the place, including the velcro flap, so getting things in and out is a real pain in the ass. You want something that holds its shape, not this.

Back
Top Bottom