Exposure compensation w/ DX-2G in TTL mode?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got the DX-2G with YS-01 package. The manual is pretty good though neither the strobe or camera manual really talk a lot about how to set up the strobe and the camera to work together. What's a good baseline? Aperture mode? That's what I am using for now. Is there a magic aperture value that I should use to get TTL to work?

With the camera in aperture priority mode, and the strobe in TTL mode, test pictures come out pretty well... But sometimes they are a little over or under exposed for my taste. But I can't figure out any way to outsmart the TTL system and add some exposure compensation. Changing exp. compensation or aperture doesn't actually do anything, I guess the TTL system is overriding my inputs.

Any tips?

HI Matt-
You can download some basic setup tips at the link here (.pdf).
Also, the Resources section at Sea & Sea USA - Underwater Photography Cameras & Video has some links that may be helpful.
Make sure that you are using the provided fiber optic cable adapter that is included with the housing and the Fiber Optic Cable L-type.
The camera's on-board flash should adjust slightly for EV and aperture adjustments hence triggering the YS-01 DS-TTL, but it may be beneficial to shoot the strobe in manual if the DS-TTL is not picking up the small adjustments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom