exposure protection Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

argos59

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What mm suite do you guys recommend I bring for diving in Feb. in Islamorada ? 5mm , 7mm, dry ?

thanks

depends on how cold you get. Figure the water temp will be in the low to mid 70's - right now it's about 75 degrees in South Florida. That's dry suit for me :D

I was down there last February and went with a 7mm. I tend to get cold, but was fine with that. Hope that helps :)

3mm for me. It's all subjective methinks you would be fine with a 3mm and a hood. Get a hooded vest for more core layering.

Cheers.

-J.-

I've been down in January, March, and November, and I've always used a 3mm with no difficulty...

I would consider a hood though.

argos59:
Thanks, so I guess going dry is not out of the question
Really - whatever you feel you'll need for 73-75 degree water (what the temps are now) is what you should bring. If you just ask "what exposure protection should I wear" people will tell you anything from a .5mm skin to a dry suit and everything in between. I've seen people on dive boats in FL wearing 3mm suits in the winter... they look at me like I'm crazy for diving in a DS, then after the 2nd dive they are looking very cold, and looking at me - all snug and cozy in my DS with jealousy. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom