ExtendAir vs Dolphin Scrubber on mCCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used the Extend air on Draeger, Azimuth and now my Inspiration. On the Inspiration I have logged over 100 dives with the Extend Air to depths of 70m with no problem. My tests, me the guinea pig, are that I am able to get easily 4 -6 hrs in warm water recreational diving above 30M. If I do a deep dive, I will only use the cartridge for two hours. Since most of my diving is in the 30 to 50m range, I get around 5 - 6 hrs from a canister.

The break down, when it occurs, I have tested it in shallow water, with ample precautions, occurs very gradully giving you ample time to end the dive or go into OC. I hope the company will complete it's tests and publish more realisitic duration times.

Please understand, that these are my experiences and they could vary so don't use this as an absolute or scientific test.

Hey what ever happened to the cartrages for the Insp. they were supposed to be here in 2002?????? Only over 36 months late..............and counting.

Oh come on John, in the rebreather biz the clocks move slowly. :11:

Micropore has had the YBOD adapters at shows for the past two years,
and they've been used on Deep Sea Detectives ... then again, one detective
traded up for an Ouroboros from what I understand. :wink:

caveseeker7:
Oh come on John, in the rebreather biz the clocks move slowly. :11:

Micropore has had the YBOD adapters at shows for the past two years,
and they've been used on Deep Sea Detectives ... then again, one detective
traded up for an Ouroboros from what I understand. :wink:

LOL, So John C. is getting an Ouroboros, I don;t think Rich like RB's very much, I havn't seen him with one, but again I havn't seen him in 4 years

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom