Extender Loop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divegeek

Reaction score
On rec.scuba, some was talking about a "quick extender loop" in his continuous webbing (on the left shoulder). Does anyone have either a picture of this or instructions on how to make one?

Might be helpful on those dives with a 7mm farmer john wetsuit, when I'm feeling a bit stiff.

Thanks,

I don't know how "they" do it, but in my world it's just a metal buckle threaded onto a shoulder strap & you grab a loop of webbing above the buckle & stick it in the buckle. It usually entails tweaking the buckle to handle the extra thickness of the doubled over webbing.
I don't think it'd do much for you, as only one shoulder strap is affected. It's more for us old geezers that have done too many dislocates on the rings. :wink:

Bob3:
I don't know how "they" do it, but in my world it's just a metal buckle threaded onto a shoulder strap & you grab a loop of webbing above the buckle & stick it in the buckle. It usually entails tweaking the buckle to handle the extra thickness of the doubled over webbing.
I don't think it'd do much for you, as only one shoulder strap is affected. It's more for us old geezers that have done too many dislocates on the rings. :wink:

I figure it could be somehow done with 2 tri-glides

FreeFloat:
Question: you actually believe stuff you read on rec.scuba? Or that there's actually scuba-related content for once? :eek:

(KIDDING!!!!!!!!!)

...and notice where I decided to ask the question....Here! I think I figured it out using 2 tri-glides (pardon the bad sketch):

When I firist built my BP, I left the excess webbing. In one of my first small boat dives I had trouble getting out of my rig and decided to add such a loop. I tried it with a plastic weight belt buckle (scubapro) and it would not hold solid. So I replaced it with a QD buckle (still no cutting) and that held OK. But I found that with technicique and practice, it was unnecessary. After over a year without using it, I removed it and removed the excess webbing.

divegeek:
On rec.scuba, some was talking about a "quick extender loop" in his continuous webbing (on the left shoulder). Does anyone have either a picture of this or instructions on how to make one?

Might be helpful on those dives with a 7mm farmer john wetsuit, when I'm feeling a bit stiff.

Thanks,
Do you mean something like this?
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=951073#post951073

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom