Extending LOC-LINE strobe arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'd like to extend my strobe arm (3/4" LOC-LINE salvaged from a SeaLife strobe) with another section (also from a SeaLife strobe). The section I took apart had a 1/8" bungee cord threaded through the inside.

Is this bungee really necessary? I don't see it being used the pictures I see on-line.

The bungee is a neat idea to prevent loss of the light/strobe if the loc-line comes apart in the water. You don't really need it, but it is a good idea.

I lost a light getting on to a boat in rough seas (before I could pass up the camera) when I got smushed into the ladder by a wave. The loc-line bent enough to pop apart. Fortunately we found the light on the next dive and I now have a thin bungee tied to the light and also tied to the housing tray... basically the same thing but external rather than inside the loc-line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom