Extending webbing that has been cut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can make it any way you like it, I set one up to use two piece webbing, right side, left side by putting D rings close to the back by folding the cut straps. Weaving also works.

You can make it any way you like it, I set one up to use two piece webbing, right side, left side by putting D rings close to the back by folding the cut straps. Weaving also works.
That sounds good.

You could stitch an extension on, use waxed sail repair twine, an awl and a sailmakers palm and you’ll get through most webbings.

A normal stitch pattern to see in high load applications is a rectangle with a cross in it stitched in both directions.

Onboard Sail Repairs: Techniques to Keep Your Sails Flying

If you have an old weight belt you can take it to a shoe shop and they will be able to sew the pieces together. My local shoe shop would charge me about $5 for such a simple repair.

I ended up weaving it in with tri glides. I called dive rite and that's what they recommended. They didn't seem to excited about putting new ones in. Looks fine and fits so I'm good with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom