extension adaptor for scba fill station?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been filling my tanks at the firehouse without difficulty for a few years now. However, i just got some doubles and want to fill them as well. The fill station however has a blast chamber that holds 2 tanks but has a divider down the middle that doesnt play well with the tank bands and wont fill if the blast door is open. The old compressor at another station has a bypass switch that allows me to fill with the door open but has direct fittings with no hoses that would allow me to reach a set of tanks that are sitting on the floor.
So the question is, does anyone know where i could get or how i could go about making a safe scba-to-scuba fill adapter that would incorporate a length of hose into it, effectively allowing me to reach tanks sitting on the floor?
Thank you in advance!

How bloody good is that

must have heard the keyboard in OH from MN

So the question is, does anyone know where i could get or how i could go about making a safe scba-to-scuba fill adapter that would incorporate a length of hose into it, effectively allowing me to reach tanks sitting on the floor?

So I don't know how your FD or company works - but our building and equipment is controlled by the trustees not the chief. I was told it is too dangerous to fill on the floor - so I now dive independent doubles filled in the fill station. You are taking a risk by filling on the floor that I was willing to take but those above me chose not to take that risk. Should anything happen - insurance may not cover the damage and equipment. I would ask first in this case before you move forward.
You may get a different answer than you think. :) Good luck.

@Bowers what fill station do they have, and more importantly is there a quick disconnect on the side of the fill station? The new Bauer fill stations have a fill thing on the side that is a Swagelok QF4.
I use a 50ft whip to fill outside so I don't have to carry my tanks, but you can obviously make your own fill whip for it.

@Bowers what fill station do they have, and more importantly is there a quick disconnect on the side of the fill station? The new Bauer fill stations have a fill thing on the side that is a Swagelok QF4.
I use a 50ft whip to fill outside so I don't have to carry my tanks, but you can obviously make your own fill whip for it.

ill have to look at it more closely tmrw, but i do know we have a connection point to attach a long fill hose that reaches the main tanks on the ladder truck parked 50 ft away.
ill look into that, thanks!

turns out that if i connect the auxiliary hose for the aerial to the rescue fill hose to the yoke adapter, i can fill doubles and didnt even have to buy anything! thanks for the advice guys!

99BAEC17-0CF4-4418-ADE9-CA942C341C0B.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom