EZ-ON Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Kay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
has anyone used a wetsuit by a company named EZ-ON wet suit? This company shows up at most of the dive shows. The suits have long zippers foot to knee and wrist to elbow. So they can be put on easily, so t hey say. I would like to know anyone's experience with these. I have never seen one on a dive trip. I have been diving 50 years but never worse a suit. I don't seem to get cold down to 75 degrees. But now I want to dive some colder water places. What I see is people struggling into wetsuits dry or wet and especially wet. I'm not up for that.

Also if you know of alternatives I'm all ears. Thanks.

Guess it depends on how much colder you're looking to dive. To keep on topic with your post, I've never heard of EZ-ON so I can't say I have any experience with them. Putting on a typical wetsuit sucks, though. One thing that I found works is (and it sounds crude) using a plastic bag over your feet/hands to help the neoprene slide on easier. Also, wearing a dive skin under your wetsuit helps some, too. If you're not looking to dive anywhere you'd need more than say a 3mm suit, though, maybe consider a Sharkskin or Lavacore full suit. They provide similar protection to a 2.5mm-3mm wetsuit but without the added buoyancy neoprene provides. And they don't limit your movement the way neoprene does, either. If you're looking to dive colder waters, then you'll obviously want something more than that. I've heard very good things about the SEAC Komoda 5mm wetsuit. It's made with some of the best rubber in the industry and has a light fleece lining inside to make it really comfortable and pretty flexible. I haven't yet tried one myself but as soon as my current Neosport 5mm wears out, that'll likely be the route I go.

Wetwear is the name of the company. EZ-on is the product. They will install wrist to elbow and ankle to knee zippers. I have a 3 mil with them and they work well. They also stand behind their products.

great idea for the physically conflicted, do they do the wheelchair tune, while U wait

strugglers will always struggle

My found that wearing a skin like a lycra or shark-skin undersuit makes her wetsuit quite a bit easier to get on. Her suit does not have wrist or ankle zippers though.

My wetsuit (aqualung balance comfort 5.5mm) does have ankle and wrist zippers. I have no issues getting it on. The zippers do not extend to my knees/elbows, they extend partway up my lower leg (to just below the bulk of my calf muscle) and about 5 inches above my wrist.

I like the zippers as one failure point in a wetsuit tends to be the material at the wrist and ankle cuff openings...the zippers reduce stress in this area...BUT zippers themselves are a potential failure point...with time teeth can fall out among the problems that can develop. The longer the zipper the more potential for this, and potentially the more area for water transfer to occur depending on the design of the suit.

It is expensive to have a zipper replaced on a wetsuit, almost the cost of a new suit, so while I like the zippers on mine, I don't think I would want them much longer than they are unless I had some injury that limited my ability to don the wetsuit where longer zippers would help keep me diving.

-Z

I have one and like it.

Getting it finished and on the time...not so much. I actually cancelled the rest of my outstanding order due to slow delivery and missed dates.

I have been using a wetwear suit with the zippers for 3 years now and I really like it. The zippers make it easy to use and the neoprene does not compress much at depth.

The downside is that you will use more weight to counter act the suit. Otherwise I have all good things to say about the suit.

You do need to call them to get things done though. relying on email will be a frustrating experience.

I recently got an Ez-on from Wetwear. I did the fittings in person in Miami, and it fits like a glove but is easy to put on. She even modified it to deal with my missing parts.
123951.jpg

Weight wise, it adds about 6lbs going from my 2mm shortie to a 5mm full suit (minus one leg).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom