Faber LP 85, stealth configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m getting ready for an upcoming dive. I need some configuration recommendations. I’m switching from saltwater (3mill wetsuit aluminum 80s) to freshwater (drysuit faber LP 85). For salt I had the tip of the bolt snaps three inches from the bottom of the tank with runners on the belt. I’m trying to figure out how far from the bottom to rig the bolt snaps For the LP85s and how long to make the cord. I have the option of the butt plate or the bent fixed d rings on the back.

Hi. You should be measuring from the valve down and not from the bottom of the tanks.
For example, if your bolt snaps are about 46cm/18in from the valve on your AL80 then it should be about the same for the LP85s.
Other things may vary. Are you using the same BCD? You're going to need to make adjustments.
When I am using steel tanks I have the bolt snap as close to the tank as possible. This will be different for people though. Depending on location of clipping points, body shape and size, the list goes on.

Where are you clipping the AL80s to when you’re running them at that band height?

Probably least amount of fuss to run the LP85s on the drop d-rings. Measure from your armpit down to the bottom of those rings and that is now the difference from the top of the valve to the worm clamp. Depending on the length of the boltsnap, you won’t need a leash.

The bottom of the bolt snap is three inches from the bottom not the band. The tanks clip off to the adjustable runner on the belt. I’m running the same BC. I’m planning on measuring from the top down and setting it the same on the LP85 I guess. I’ll try the fixed back d rings and also the butt plate. See which one hangs better.

Where are you clipping the AL80s to when you’re running them at that band height?

Probably least amount of fuss to run the LP85s on the drop d-rings. Measure from your armpit down to the bottom of those rings and that is now the difference from the top of the valve to the worm clamp. Depending on the length of the boltsnap, you won’t need a leash.

I’m getting ready for an upcoming dive. I need some configuration recommendations. I’m switching from saltwater (3mill wetsuit aluminum 80s) to freshwater (drysuit faber LP 85). For salt I had the tip of the bolt snaps three inches from the bottom of the tank with runners on the belt. I’m trying to figure out how far from the bottom to rig the bolt snaps For the LP85s and how long to make the cord. I have the option of the butt plate or the bent fixed d rings on the back.

Are you 2.5m tall? Having the clips that low seems highly unusual. And most people measure down from the valve not up from the base. As the valve to clip length is dictated by the length of your torso

I run LP85 bands at the same height as AL80s. In fresh water and for nitrox LP85s will clip to the drop D rings next to my thoracic plate the entire time. if its something with high He, then I may have them on my hip clip (sliding D ring). I use large bolt snaps as tight to the band as I can get them for both. No tail plate needed.

The big adjustment is the rotation angle of the clip on the tank. On AL80s I put it 45 degrees off the post toward the back of the valve. On 85s I put it 45 degrees off the post toward the front of the valve. This is a personal choice based on where I want my regs to sit.

why would you calculate the height from the bottom of the drop D and not the top of it? My understanding is that your clip will sit at the top of the drop D when you are in water and not at the bottom. No?

Back
Top Bottom