Factory Restore Aqua Lung i300c?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WolfSpring

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I bought my i300c used and it has 240 dives already logged on it, is there a way, without sending it to aqua lung, to restore/reset the computer? I spoke with my LDS and they said the only way they know is to send it to the manufacturer because they would not want people resetting in case of a law suit and the potential for disabling safety features, which makes a little sense, but having a lot of dives logged on there, I know it only "saves" 24, but having all that on there to include max depth is kind of annoying. At the end of the day if that's the price I pay for used equipment I'll just have to deal with it. If anyone has any pointers/ideas of how to get rid of some of the info I've read the manual and figured out most the settings, just want to reset the dives, the total dive time and the max depth if possible.

To my knowledge, you would have to send it in.

All my research had pointed that way as well. I emailed Aqua Lung and have yet to get a response, I wonder if it is worth the money to send it in for a service just to get it reset .vs deal with the dives and data on there. At the end of the day I will one day upgrade to a better computer and all that matters is I properly log my dives I guess.

Thank you for the response.

All my research had pointed that way as well. I emailed Aqua Lung and have yet to get a response, I wonder if it is worth the money to send it in for a service just to get it reset .vs deal with the dives and data on there. At the end of the day I will one day upgrade to a better computer and all that matters is I properly log my dives I guess.

Thank you for the response.
Personally, I don't think that it's worth it because you have shipping both ways, the service cost, etc.

I went ahead and emailed Aqua Lung and this was their response:

"I apologize for the delay in response as it is our peak season. Please note that due to liability reasons, we do not erase dive data and will not restore a used dive computer to factory settings. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lanie Whitby | AQUA LUNG AMERICA - Customer Service & Repairs

2340 Cousteau Court | Vista, CA 92081

+1 (760) 597-5029

lconstanti@aqualung.com"

I half understand their reasoning, and it's not a huge deal as long as the app doesn't continuously download the existing dives after I start using it, but at the same time the only reason I could see them not factory resetting it is to better influence someone purchasing new instead of used, I don't see how a new owner to a used device would have a liability issue with the dives erased unless they tried to claim it as a new device. Either way that is the official answer and I'm sure it will be fine for a starting out computer. Got my open water this weekend if all goes right and I should be using it in a couple weeks so I'll see about the app and existing dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom