Failed Hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know. Can’t help it. My wife is a PI attorney. This stuff puts my kids through college.
There would certainly be a case!
I'm just suggesting that she not finance a hamburger based on it, even if she was guaranteed to get all such cases with straight billing and no free initial consultations. :wink::cool:

If ANYTHING went wrong that would definitely by the tactic used by the attorneys.

Kaching! Do you think that SCUBA tanks are as safe as they are because of well-intentioned manufacturers?

I could tell you stories of spreadsheets by companies that calculated the actuarial value of how many lives are worth sacrificing vs cost of the manufacturing change to avoid them.

if it fails ..it fails safely its filled by 99 % water .the jacket it fails in has a burst disk , so it FAILS SAFLY , some of you guys dont really know how a hydro station works ....

if it fails ..it fails safely its filled by 99 % water .the jacket it fails in has a burst disk , so it FAILS SAFLY , some of you guys dont really know how a hydro station works ....

I do know. Spent many hours watching at my local hydro shop.

That’s not the point. Oh well...

I do know. Spent many hours watching at my local hydro shop.

That’s not the point. Oh well...
So...if you know, why would you suggest a failure might hurt the person doing the test?

So...if you know, why would you suggest a failure might hurt the person doing the test?

Lousy joke. Mea culpa. Please move to Bad Humor forum.

Lousy joke. Mea culpa. Please move to Bad Humor forum.

How dare you make a joke in this never ending barrage of facts!

:angrymob:

If ANYTHING went wrong that would definitely by the tactic used by the attorneys.

The defendants tank ruptured causing water to splash on the front of my clients pants causing his coworkers to ridicule him, he suffered great emotional distress and deserves to be compensated for his humiliation.

I get it.

Wanted to update this thread. Finally took my other tanks for hydro. 15 steel, 3 AL. Had 1 119HP, 2 120 HP, 10 100HP (all galvanized) and then the 3 misc. AL.

Found Baltimore Marine Safety LLC (well actually I think he reached out to me here on SB after my failed hydro). He was very knowledgeable about the round out procedure needed on galvanized tanks and was even nice enough to show me around his shop.

Dropped all 18 tanks off last Wed and they were done the next day. All passed with flying colors. He even offered to O2 clean them for a small fee. Was $15/tank and $5 for the clean. Was a very cool setup. You flip the tank upside down and there's a nozzle that can either shoot a soapy solution, hot water, or dry air to prevent flash rust. Very, very clean setup.

If you're in need of someone in the greater Baltimore area reach out to them. He takes care of the hydro's for some of the major shipping companies down by the port. Compared to the last hydro place (AND the local dive shop) that tests (and fails) scuba tanks from "time to time" (as they said), this guy knew all about it and said that's it's very, very rare for a steel tank to fail... it just doesn't happen.

Thanks goodness... finding the right person to hydro tanks was probably the last little piece I needed for my personal little scuba shop (aka, my not so clean as his shop basement).

443-622-4261

Rob,

It was a pleasure to meet you and I am glad to hear that you are ecstatic for our service.

We always enjoy taking on these task as it's different for our normal day to day. Some hydrotest facilities sometimes forget that these special permitted cylinders require special testing procedure and testing pressure.

We are always looking to help and if your cylinders don't require hydro-test, so not hesitate to reach out.

I maybe slow to reply on the forum, but I will get back to you promptly.

EB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom