Failed tanks wanted!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's are you planning to do with them? YouTube experiment? Art?

I have a LP72 that I am about to fail. It has a twin that is still good.

I'd love to have it!

---------- Post added September 10th, 2014 at 07:44 PM ----------

What's are you planning to do with them? YouTube experiment? Art?

Mostly they will be used as examples for Visual Inspection classes. OK, one may get made into a BBQ :wink:

Robert... I've got two failed PST HP120s you can have... if you'll pick them up!

Do you want the valves on them?

Robert... I've got two failed PST HP120s you can have... if you'll pick them up!

Do you want the valves on them?

Wow. I am curious, what caused these tanks to fail? What was their date of manufacture?

Wow. I am curious, what caused these tanks to fail? What was their date of manufacture?

Both were PST HP120s. The first failed due to over-expansion. It was dedicated to shore diving with fills on land. I believe it was the repeated hot fills by the fill station that caused it to fail. The shop manager agreed. The second failed visual. It was used almost exclusively on CA dive boats. It was so badly rusted that it couldn't be safely tumbled. I dive neutral buoyancy aluminium tanks exclusively now but sure miss the extra air supply for deep dives.

I'd love to have it!

Mostly they will be used as examples for Visual Inspection classes.

Send me a PM and we can see how best to get them from SLC to LA.

BTW the LP72 that is failed is perfect cylinder for a course. Kind of tricky as to why it failed.

Send me a PM and we can see how best to get them from SLC to LA.

BTW the LP72 that is failed is perfect cylinder for a course. Kind of tricky as to why it failed.

That sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom