Falcon Lake Fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
All Texas divers head down south for fun in the sun on Falcon Lake. Falcon is in Zapata County, USA, and Mexico. Along the U.S.-Mexican border, the Texas Department of Public Safety, along with the Zapata County Sheriff's Office, is issuing a warning for U.S. boaters and fisherman at Falcon Lake.

Pirates believed to be members of drug trafficking organizations have been holding up fishermen's boats at Falcon Lake, demanding cash and drugs.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said he is telling boaters to watch out for Mexican commercial fishing boats, which have been used in the muggings.

"These commercial fishing boats from Mexico are being used by what we call pirates to come up here and approach U.S. boats, point a rifle at them, an AK-47, an AR15, or a handgun, and take whatever they can," said Gonzalez.

Gonzalez said there have been at least four such incidents on the lake, one of them on the U.S. side.
"The lake is still safe," said Gonzalez, "as long as you stay on the U.S. side of the river or the lake right now. It's very important you stay on the U.S. side."

Everybody head south and have fun in the water.....:no:

DW

Thought this might need to be brought back up due to the recent killing of an American citizen as currently being reported in the media. The man was murdered while riding a jetski.:mad:

Yep, I saw that on the news also. I would like to know how long our government is going to put up with this stuff, heck maybe what I should be asking is how long are "We the People" going to tolerate that stuff. That crap ain't cool....... :no:

I have yet to understand why the US government does not take advantage of Arizona and south Texas for training areas. And while they are "training" provide a little border security.....wait, wait, wait.....silly me. That would make entirely too much sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom