FALLING ROCK QUARRY (LaGrange, Ky)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUNNER

Reaction score
Can someone please give me directions to Falling Rock Quarry in LaGrange, Ky from Louisville, Ky. I have just moved to Ky and am looking for a place to dive to just keep myself in practice. Thanks to all!:mean:

Take 71 to LaGrange take a left off the exit. Go past the railroad tracks and take the next left. Turn right on 4th Street and the quarry is on the right. (go slow the road has some sudden curves)

Keep an eye on this section as we tend to post when we are going to be there and you are more than welcome to join us anytime.

Welcome to Kentucky.

Chad

that you are in Owensboro.

Did you know that there are a couple of quarries down that way.

www.divecerulean.com and Mermit Springs (actually in IL but might be closer than LaGrange)

My vote would be for Cerulean Springs. I was there a couple of weeks ago and the conditions were wonderful. We had 20-40 ft of viz depending on how close you were to the classes that were there and the temperature was wonderful....for a quarry. We had 72 on the surface and had nothing colder than 68 while we were swimming around. I am sure there was colder water to be found somewhere but we did have to cut our dive short due to some equipment issues.

the exit off of I-71 is # 22. Its Ky route 53.

Fourth Street turns into Findley Mill Rd. The quarry is about 1.5 miles after you trun onto Fourth Street.

Louisville Dive Center is about 30 minutes away and will do air fills on Saturday if you get there before 5:00 pm. One of their staff members is on scubaboard as ZoCrowes255(I think thats correct)

Glad to have you here and look forward to meeting and diving with you.

jbd

WELCOME TO KENTUCKY!!

Like JBD said I work at the Louisville Dive Center. If you ever have any questions about diving in our area feel free to give us a call (502)368-8427 and we will be happy to help. Ask for Chris.

Have fun and safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom