Family Dest Wedding Dec 2014 in St Lucia - any Diving Perks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flutter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband & I are invited to Family Destination Wedding Dec 2014 in St Lucia (Sandals Grande & Regency). I haven't heard anything about the diving there (except the one posted here on Scubaboard re: down currents w new OP group).

Personally, I hate to drop $5K plus on an island trip - for a wedding - and not be able to do any diving. We are trying to decide whether we might bow out, purchase a generous gift, and plan a dive trip on our own elsewhere (we usually go the budget plan). Does anyone know of island(s) nearby that we might ferry to/from before/immed after the ceremony (St Kitts or Nevis or?), or is there good diving on St. Lucia of which we are unaware? I'm thinking we may wish to start looking into lodgings soon if we plan on attending, (or should we save our $$)?

(Most of our diving experience has been shore diving Bonaire, Curacao, or in the FL Keys, Bahamas, & Coz. Strong currents - possible of taking us beyond our training & experience - doesn't sound like fun IMO). Thanks for any suggestions.

:confused: Flutter

Back
Top Bottom