Fantastic Red Sea summer trip with The Shipwreck Survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rs86

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I manage an underwater archaeological organization called The Shipwreck Survey (www.theshipwrecksurvey.com). Every year, we run underwater archaeological field schools for students and enthusiasts. Occasionally, we also organize educational shipwreck diving trips. We did so two years ago in Egypt, and will return to the Red Sea in July for a 2-week trip which combines a North (wrecks) and south (Brothers, Daedalus, Elphinstone) itinerary. We still have a few open spots so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone is interested in joining us. So far we have a great group of people signed up, ranging in age from 24 to 73 years old, which includes American, Canadian, British, South African, and Dutch nationals. More information about the trip can be found here: Join Us Egypt - The Shipwreck Survey

We will be able to do around 35 dives during the trip. In addition to the diving, our team of maritime archaeologists will give presentations on the history of the Red Sea, a detailed history of each wreck we dive, heritage management workshops, and underwater photography and videography workshops. It's a fantastic trip on the Red Sea Explorer, one of the nicest and most spacious liveaboards in the Red Sea (Dive Safari: MY Red Sea Explorer / Egypt)

Arrival in Marsa Alam is on July 3. We will provide accommodation for you at the Hilton Nubian Resort. The next day, we embark on the Red Sea Explorer for two weeks of diving and history and see some of the best sites the Red Sea has to offer. Arrival in Hurghada is on July 18.

The price for the trip is USD 4,550. This includes the following:
- 14 nights on board the Red Sea Explorer (twin share)
- 1 night hotel accommodation before the start of the trip (twin share, private room possible)
- All food and drinks
- Airport transfers
- Presentations and workshops
- All diving
- Nitrox fills
- Port fees, marine park fees, and fuel surcharges

As you can see, everything is covered except travel/visa expenses and alcohol on board.

If you're interested in joining us or have any questions, please send me an email at info@theshipwrecksurvey.com.

Back
Top Bottom