Farewell to an old friend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Malibu, CA is where I spend most of my dive time.
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My A80 lasted 3 years to the day. On April 1, 2004, I took my first underwater shots with it. On April 1, 2007, at 55 ft, I raised it up to take a shot, and noticed the housing was 3/4 full of water. Virtually all the pix in my gallery were shot with that camera, and I had 12 shots published from that camera. It was a good ride!

I removed the batteries, and gave it a burial at sea.

Goody, I get to buy a new toy! :D

TJ

No offense, but do you have any idea how bad disposing of consumer electronics into the ocean is from an environmental standpoint? Your camera won't be growing a reef, but it will leech heavy metals into the water for years to come.

PhotoTJ:
My A80 lasted 3 years to the day. On April 1, 2004, I took my first underwater shots with it. On April 1, 2007, at 55 ft, I raised it up to take a shot, and noticed the housing was 3/4 full of water. Virtually all the pix in my gallery were shot with that camera, and I had 12 shots published from that camera. It was a good ride!

I removed the batteries, and gave it a burial at sea.

Goody, I get to buy a new toy! :D

TJ
A life well lived. Let us know what you buy new.

Alison

TJ, undefined is right. However, if you "buried" it in Avalon Bay, we'll get it during the next clean-up.

A last shot with an old friend... a few months ago same thing as you TJ, what a bummer, but got to purchase some new gear!

what's the new gear going to be? flipped through your photos looked like you got your moneys worth out of the A80 and then some.

Scott

Attachments

• lastshot.jpg
    lastshot.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 81
Scott, that last photo is chilling. :) You should enter it in this weeks Wetpixel contest. Subject is 'Botched Shots'. I don't infer that it was your botch, but it fits right in with the other 'oh s---' moments.

Steve B

I finally replaced the A80, I got an A570IS with a WP-DC12 housing. I hope to have some shots to post after this weekend. I am getting to dive in a spot we usually don't get to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom