Trip Report Farnsworth Banks 3 April 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azstinger11

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Short Trip Report from Farnsworth Banks.

Went out on the Sundiver Express with a full load. Large mix of recreational divers, UTD sidemount divers, and some backmount doubles (I believe GUE divers but don't quote me on it). The ride out was calm and quick as to be expected on the express.

Big Blue was already on the shallow pinnacle when we arrived the anchor was set on the slightly deeper pinnacle (about 80-85 fsw). The overcast sky meant it wasn't terribly bright down at depth but enough to enjoy the gorgeous purple coral. My computer recorded 52 degrees @ 105ft, for a 38:50 no deco dive. Vis was good, maybe 40ft?

On the surface interval we had to reposition to the frontside as the winds were starting to pick up rapidly. Second dive was at black rock. 41ft @ 54 degrees and a lot brighter. The current was calm at the start of our dive but as it always happens, at the turn around point decided to pick up significantly.

I sat out the 3rd dive at sub ride but heard it was okay, one diver reported seeing a giant seabass there.

Ride back was a bit bumpy but quick.

All in all a great day of diving, and was excited to finally reach farnsworth after a few previous failed charters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom