fat and need a new wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justadyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
does any wet suit manufacturer make a wet suite that would fit somebody who is 5'10" and 255 #
without the legs and arms being 4 to 6" to long? yes I know LOSE weight.

Suit, not suite.

I'm short and round. I had good luck with the new high end Bare wetsuit - Evoke for the women. Reactive is the men's version. I'm outside the size chart, yet it is very stretchy and easy to get on. I have 3mm and 5mm, although I've only worn the 5mm so far. Friend let me try hers on and I was astonished it fit. Check out the size chart and see where you might fit. Perhaps the 2XL short might work for you. The Evoke/Reactive are very stretchy, so it will most likely fit around you.

Reactive Men's Ultrawarmth Celliant Wetsuit | BARE Sports

I think you're located in PA.

They are not cheap, but if you're hard to fit, getting a wetsuit that fits well is worth the extra $$.

I am buoyancy enhanced like you. I tried on a Scubapro Everflex 5/4 XXL and it fits perfect. Arms and legs the right length and snug everywhere but still allowing freedom of movement.
The neck dam and arm and leg seals are snug enough that I sometimes have to pull one open to let water it and cool off.

Hi,

Another option may be to get the suit you have customised.

I had a suit that magically shrunk seems to be a common problem with neoprene hahaha.

Cost me under 100 aud to have it customised.

End result was a suit that was way better fitting than it ever was and at a fraction of the cost of buying a new off the shelf ill fitting suit.

Hopefully you have someone local that can offer the same service.

Cheers

Nath

does any wet suit manufacturer make a wet suite that would fit somebody who is 5'10" and 255 # without the legs and arms being 4 to 6" to long? yes I know LOSE weight.

"I have the body of a god. OK its Buddha, but it is still a god."

I am not too far off your stats, and I dive in a 2XL 3mm Henderson Neo-Sport X-Span wetsuit. I paid a little extra at the time, and ordered it with shorter legs. (At the time, I think that it cost an extra $40 for the custom legs). I don't know if Henderson is still offering this service or not, but it might be worth looking into if the option is still available.

I am still looking . Pinnacle looks like they have my size. anybody familiar with them. I have done a search on scubaboard ,there have been questions about this brand but no responses
gives me the worries

I am still looking . Pinnacle looks like they have my size. anybody familiar with them. I have done a search on scubaboard ,there have been questions about this brand but no responses
gives me the worries

I have had three Pinnacle suits... down to two now. The zipper broke on the first one, but it was probably six years old and was being abused at the time... ;-)

I also have one of their 3mm/5mm hooded vests. It came with this weird gusset think abound the neck that I suppose was meant to reduce water exchange, but it just bunched up and was pointless. I ended up ripping it off.

I am buoyancy enhanced like you. I tried on a Scubapro Everflex 5/4 XXL and it fits perfect. Arms and legs the right length and snug everywhere but still allowing freedom of movement.
The neck dam and arm and leg seals are snug enough that I sometimes have to pull one open to let water it and cool off.

I also use the SP EverFlex suits in XXL. I have a 3/2, 5/4, and 7/5. I am 6'1" and 240. The arms on my suits are about 1" longer than would be "perfect" for me. Otherwise, they fit me extremely well. The legs are good for me, with a 34" inseam. Ditto on how well the seals work. When I was shopping, the EverFlex suits were one of the few I found that have wrist, ankle, neck, and spine/zipper seals. And I like that they are all wide Glideskin-style seals, instead of what some suits have (like my XS Scuba Pyrotech) which are more like a rubber band on the inside of each arm and leg, a few inches up from the end of the arm/leg.

Back
Top Bottom