Faulty Unit - how to get after-sales service in the USA ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Black

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been dealing with a faulty EII CO and can't really get any service from Analox.

The unit suddenly won't calibrate and shows crazy readings like -150. The calibration knob can move the reading some 20 ppm either way but there's no way to get a zero calibration from a starting point of -150.

First Analox told me that my barely 18 month old unit must need a new sensor and would not discuss it further other than tell me where I can buy a sensor.

I expected a slightly longer sensor life but OK I went ahead with it and paid good money for a new sensor.

New sensor arrives, I pop it in and get the same readings. I told Analox about it and was encouraged to try a new Alkaline battery after revealing that I had a rechargeable in there. Bought a new battery and still no dice.

Got back to Analox asking what to do next / how to RMA over a week ago and other than an auto-responder saying "we're at DEMA" I got no response.

Now I realize DEMA is super important so that you can sell more stuff but surely there must be some value in dealing with existing customers, too ? :confused:

I know where not to go when I buy my TriMix analyzer next year... :no: At the same time I have not come across anyone else who has been dissatisfied with Analox. I met many people who use the O2 Analyzer and nobody ever mentioned any problems with after-sales service. Perhaps this is an isolated incident but I really need my CO analyzer up and running....

Dear Mr Black,

Please call our office, toll free, at 1 800 723-3247 between the hours of 8:00 am and 12:00 pm. Please ask for Georgia Markouizos. She will be able to address your concerns immediately. Yes, we are indeed at DEMA, but our office is open and good customer service is personally important to me. In future correspondence, please feel free to write to me directly patti.clarkson@analox.biz.

---------- Post added November 8th, 2013 at 04:38 PM ----------

Dear Mr Black,

Please call our office, toll free, at 1 800 723-3247 between the hours of 8:00 am and 12:00 pm. Please ask for Georgia Markouizos. She will be able to address your concerns immediately. Yes, we are indeed at DEMA, but our office is open and good customer service is personally important to me. In future correspondence, please feel free to write to me directly patti.clarkson@analox.biz.

Sorry, to be clear, our office hours are Monday - Friday

Yes, we are indeed at DEMA, but our office is open and good customer service is personally important to me. In future correspondence, please feel free to write to me directly patti.clarkson@analox.biz.

Hi Patti,

Thanks for helping out!

You were already in the cc: with the e-mails between myself and Holly C. last week so I assumed you were already in the loop on this.

I am in the Caribbean now but will try to call it in at the number you have provided between 8 am and noon. I am on the boat 8am to 4pm almost every day - it may be a few days until I can phone it in.

It's not uncommon for a sensor to last only a year.
If you got 18 months of life from one, you did ok.

It's not uncommon for a sensor to last only a year.
If you got 18 months of life from one, you did ok.

This is true of their oxygen sensor but the EII CO sensor on average will last two years or more. Mine is closing in on its third year and so are the sensors of my buddies' units. We had a sensor on Analox's CO Clear compressor monitor last almost 4 years, which is very atypical, and it was bump checked every quarter and calibrated every 6 months until it died.

If the sensor dies earlier than than it is likely the person bought old stock. Some of those units can sit on the shelf for years in a low-volume sales dive shop. You want to ensure the unit you purchase is no more than 6 months past the date the sensor was installed.

It sounds like an electronics problem in which case the unit is under warranty for 3 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom