Favorite Food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love, love, love raw clams on the half shell. If I can't get them, then it's steamed clams. After that, any kind of pasta, lobster, lion fish, mahi mahi, sushi, prime rib, and watermelon.

My favorite would have to be a special steak, (grocery store steaks just don't have the taste-even prime), they are hard to find. I know of one cuban butcher about 30 miles away that custom cuts them.

My other favorite would be just about anything in the appetizer section of a thai restaurant

Cracked conch and blue crab would be at the top of the seafood list

Vegan Cheesesteaks from Blackbird (Philly, and way better than the slop served at Pat's or Geno's)

Black bean burgers done right, loaded up.

Veggie Paella from a shoreside diner in Rota (Cádiz area, Spain). Or maybe it was the wine that made it taste so awesome :p

Pistachio fettuccine in Catania, Sicily.

Falafel wraps from Hummus (UPenn district)

Sesame Tofu from Chopstick House

Eggplant panini from Rutolos, NJ

It's pretty easy to make vegetarian food awesome.

It's pretty easy to make vegetarian food awesome.
Yep, just slap a couple of slices of ham on it, maybe a thinly sliced steak, and some cheese. Awesome. :wink:

My favorite will always be pizza. It is the only food I missed when I first moved to Singapore. Back then the only (poor) facsimile of pizza you could get was Pizza Hut. Here we have Pizza Express, which makes a decent pizza. Unfortunately I am from New York City, where "decent" doesn't cut it when it comes to pizza. (Now that I think about it, "decent" doesn't cut it in a lot of respects in NYC, but let's not go there.:wink:)

I just had sushi for lunch at Zuma. Good sushi is hard to beat.

Xiao long bao. I have had to add about twenty minutes of cardio per night to offset my dim sum habit. When in Rome...

Dunno about adding ham, but whatever sinks your boat.

(Awful pun fully intended. LOL SCUBA HAHA IM ON THE INTERNETZ)

When I was younger, I used to go to Smith and Wollensky's and have awesome steaks there.
You mentioned Singapore- I went through flight school with a couple of students from the Singapore Air Force. I remember them telling me how clean it is there, compared to the US. Something about chewing gum and cigarettes being illegal sometimes?

Heard the diving is great too (duh).

Dunno about adding ham, but whatever sinks your boat.

(Awful pun fully intended. LOL SCUBA HAHA IM ON THE INTERNETZ)

When I was younger, I used to go to Smith and Wollensky's and have awesome steaks there.
You mentioned Singapore- I went through flight school with a couple of students from the Singapore Air Force. I remember them telling me how clean it is there, compared to the US. Something about chewing gum and cigarettes being illegal sometimes?

Heard the diving is great too (duh).

Yeah, Smith & Wollensky used to be worth the trip uptown. The lump crabmeat appetizer is better than the steak. The one in Chicago is nice, too, right on the river, with an outdoor seating area. But NY's has the classic steakhouse ambience: lots of wood, and casual. I haven't been there in a decade, though. My new steakhouse of choice in NY is Wolfgang's--it's like Peter Lugar's with table cloths, professional service, women, and no trip to Brooklyn--and it keeps me downtown. But I don't eat steak much. The Steak House at the InterContinental in Kowloon has a $200 Wagyu steak on the menu if I ever want to indulge, and there's a Morton's over there too, where I do occasionally indulge, but I've never gotten excited over steak, really. But that's probably more than most vegans want to know about steak restaurants. :wink:

The diving in Singapore is what you'd expect in close proximity to a city of 5 million people--not very good. But the diving nearby is quite good, and it's a short flight away from great diving. I did most of my best diving when I lived there and I wish I'd stayed, in hindsight--it is perhaps the ideal base for an avid diver and it's a very livable city. As you say, clean...and well-behaved. It's the only place I've ever been stopped by the police for jaywalking.

Attachments

• 459-FF-download-787x1024.jpg
    459-FF-download-787x1024.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 337
Without a gun to my head I'd have to say a good home cooked blue steak from the farmer down the road who has the cows slaughtered then butchered locally. He lets us know beforehand when he's going to do it, we give him a list of what we would like and then on the appointed day we go to buy it. If we like we can visit the beast whilst its in the field. With my steak I like freshly grow veg from the garden and home baked chips.
The list is a bit silly, maybe even a lot silly. I agree it must have been made up by 5 yr olds. Where are the Mcd's? or maybe they dont count as food............in my house they dont.

My favorite foods are lobster, crab, scallops.
then, comfort foods like potato soup, Mac/cheese ( homemade). Mellow mushroom pizza ( really). Chard or spinach with eggs and hollandaise sauce.
homemade bread with real butter. Artichokes steamed. Clam chowder. Goeducks.

Sushi... With a side of sushi. I could eat that every day. Besides sushi it would include ice cold watermelon, hickory smoked anything and nice dark German beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom