Favorite Military Sayings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand:
So those navy fixed wing guys that land on pitching carrier decks can't fly?

Well, yes, they can, but they don't do crosswind landings and greasers (ultra-smooth landings) very well. :11:

As for heeli-oh-ca-peters, the physics of the problem are well known. A chopper is a large collection of parts moving through the air in loose formation. The true reason that such a device motivates through the atmosphere, (note here that the word "flying" is not mentioned), is that the device is so ugly that Mother Nature just naturally repels it. This phenomenon gives it initial lift. It then proceeds to, with more or less success, club the atmosphere into submission.

In a few cases, it manages to proceed from point "A" to point "B". In other cases the clubs (sometimes called rotors) stop mashing the air molecules, and it assumes a glide angle steeper than that of similarly-sized brick, due to the fact that it is less streamlined than the afore-mentioned brick.

It's simple when one understands the basic concepts and physics of the situation! :cwmddd:

Rob :eyebrow:

"You're All ate up like a soup sandwich!"

CD_in_Chitown:
Sitting in a beanfield in the middle of Ft. Campbell around 0200, been there since 1400 the previous afternoon (thats a twelve hour wait until 2am for you civvies). Radio crackles that birds are scrubbed, for the fourth time, until 0600, new op(erations) ord(er) is for the sticks to hold in place on the PZ we'll do the mission in the daylight. Its hovering around 38 F, none of us brought field jackets and few of us even packed an MRE as we were supposed to be leaving the field after this last mission and AAR. The First Sergeant of A 2/187 is on our bird, as the XOs voice on the radio fades back into the silence that had long ago overtaken the excited chatter of an impending mission he says;

"Can you feel the love? Its all around us."
I was a Rakkasan Scout/Sniper Hmmmm sounds all too familiar Soybean feilds of love.

BigJetDriver69:
Well, yes, they can, but they don't do crosswind landings and greasers (ultra-smooth landings) very well. :11:

As for heeli-oh-ca-peters, the physics of the problem are well known. A chopper is a large collection of parts moving through the air in loose formation. The true reason that such a device motivates through the atmosphere, (note here that the word "flying" is not mentioned), is that the device is so ugly that Mother Nature just naturally repels it. This phenomenon gives it initial lift. It then proceeds to, with more or less success, club the atmosphere into submission.

In a few cases, it manages to proceed from point "A" to point "B". In other cases the clubs (sometimes called rotors) stop mashing the air molecules, and it assumes a glide angle steeper than that of similarly-sized brick, due to the fact that it is less streamlined than the afore-mentioned brick.

It's simple when one understands the basic concepts and physics of the situation! :cwmddd:

Rob :eyebrow:

Just cause you can't hover !!! Nanny-nanny-boo-boo !!!! :e18:

What about LEAST FAVORITE sayings ???

"What does that red light mean?"

"Fire in the hole"

"Ready on the left, ready on the right, ready on the firing line? Fire!"

"Alway remember, your weapon system was built by the low bidder"

"Always run the same direction the EOD guys are running"

"Lobbin Volkswagons" A reference to 16" Naval Gunfire

"Lock it up"

One of my favorite is a response from guys who are sitting around telling tales of all of their heroics when they were a/an/ or all of the following [ pick from the following categories: Navy SEAL, Special Forces MAC-SOG, Navy carrier pilot, Army helicopter pilot, sniper, etc., etc., etc.].

You: "So, what unit did you serve with?"
Him: "I don't remember."

You: "So, where did you serve?"
Him: "I really can't talk about it."

Do you smell a "wannabee"????

One of my fav's and yes I was asked it once or twice....."what is your major malfunction, private?!?!?!?!"

Back
Top Bottom