Favorite Military Sayings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

former CO commenting on the character of a sailor at mast.
"That boy is so dumb he could fall in a tub full of t*ts and come up sucking his own thumb"
Another former CO at mast to a guy who just kept lying to try to get himself out of the trouble he was in "well son sometimes when you are tap dancing in a mine field you don't hear the "click" before the explosion."..... "BOOM!"

I heard a quote from GEN Schwarkopf the other day that I love:

"Going to war without the French is like going deer hunting without your accordian."

Aquadoc68:
I was a Rakkasan Scout/Sniper Hmmmm sounds all too familiar Soybean feilds of love.

I was a 3rd BN Maggot, gotta love those soybean fields. Did a night AA to Ft Knox, we were 5th bird, first serial, most of the BDE making the assault. Supposed to be a cold load, lift at 0200. Outside temp 24F. Birds start coking in... I count... 1... 2... 3... 4.... 1... 2... 3... 4.... Beautiful. Entire BDEs birds sit and shut down and we're without a bird. An hour later, the crewchief from the 4th bird comes running up to us, "Your bird ain't here." Thanks for the news flash captain obvious (of course we all said something different, ScubaBoard doesn't like us using that kind of language). Apparently our bird had a mechanical, as did the two backs up, but they had a bird coming. The '60 finally shows, temp dropped to 15F (and of course no one had snivel gear on) at that point and we hot load the bird.

I love soybean fields.

Q: How do you know if there is a fighter pilot at your party?
A: He'll tell you.

Q: What's the difference between God and fighter pilots?
A: God doesn't think he's a fighter pilot.

Q: What's the difference between a fighter pilot and a jet engine?"
A: A jet engine stops whining when the plane shuts down.

once i had the whole 'i'm a pilot' line given to me in a bar. near cherry point & new river & pope & all, but still, people lie for fun and profit (especially near so many bases!) & i didn't really believe him. then next day at the air show, there he is beside his bird in his flight suit doing the little tour thing...so i apologized.

Does that mean when I get my RC plane put together I can call myself a pilot too????

BabyDuck:
once i had the whole 'i'm a pilot' line given to me in a bar. near cherry point & new river & pope & all, but still, people lie for fun and profit (especially near so many bases!) & i didn't really believe him. then next day at the air show, there he is beside his bird in his flight suit doing the little tour thing...so i apologized.
Yeah, but he didn't do the whole "Bring back that Loving feeling thing", so how were you to really know. :D

exactly, paula! i could have told for sure then! joe, i vote 'yes'. tell 'em whatever you want.

I would not lie to anyone........ I might be jumping again when I get to Kansas, YAhoooooooooooooooo!

Back
Top Bottom