Fear of the gray market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been looking at Sea&Sea strobes, both used and new. I read the alert on the S&S page that says you can't even get after-sales service if you have something not from the USA. How would I know that something I bought used was not gray market?

Thanks

HI-
The SEA&SEA USA warranty is valid for the original purchaser of the product and that must be registered within 30 days of purchase with SEA&SEA USA. A used strobe that has been sold to a third party does not carry a valid warranty. We always recommend visiting an authorized dealer that can help with your purchase and offer after-sales service and possible training in order to get the most out of your SEA&SEA product.

Maybe I didn't ask my question correctly. If I buy something used and then it turns out it wasn't from the USA, will I be able to have it serviced by Sea & Sea? And by service I mean, pay fully for any parts and labor as is normal when things break out of warranty.

I took after-sales service to mean unless it is a USA part I have a paperweight when it breaks.

Thanks again

HI-
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, service is available for all SEA&SEA products out of warranty or purchased as used equipment.

Back
Top Bottom