Suggestion Feature Request - Ignore Forums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
annasea

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of functions...

Any chance of reintroducing the 'ignore subforums' feature somehow?

Speaking of functions...

There is no permanent way, but you can do this:

Code:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew[COLOR=red]&[COLOR=#417394]exclude[/COLOR]=[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]X,Y,Z[/COLOR]&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Where x,y,z are the forum id's for the forums you don't want.

Great! Thanks so much, Howard! I'll try it later today...

too bad this feature hasn't come back, lack of it was a major reason I mostly drifted away from the board. Made a big difference.

Speaking of functions...

Just out of curiosity, which one do you want to ignore?

There must be something I'm missing.....you don't see the threads in any sub-forum, unless you click to enter.

I don't have anything on ignore that I know of, so there are probably some ignore functions I'm unaware of.

Just curious.

-Mitch

I don't generally look at subforums individually, seems rather tedious. I just looked at New Posts. Used to be threads in forums you had selected to ignore didn't show up in New Posts, so with one click you got a list you could scan with everything you might find interesting, while not having to see all the crap. (For my own personal definition of crap, of course.)

Just out of curiosity, which one do you want to ignore?

Assorted regional subforums, various manufacturers' ones, and anything else I have no interest in... at least 1/3 of the overall board. Like Damselfish, I tend not to check the board as often because there's too much stuff to slog through. (20 pages of new posts when only 6 of them 'might' contain threads that interest me is overwhelming.)

On a side note, we have a fellow diver in common... your Floridian dive buddy from a cave diving trip in MX late last year. :)

I don't generally look at subforums individually, seems rather tedious. I just looked at New Posts. Used to be threads in forums you had selected to ignore didn't show up in New Posts, so with one click you got a list you could scan with everything you might find interesting, while not having to see all the crap. (For my own personal definition of crap, of course.)

Thank you.
I usually just look at "new posts" as well.
I just wasn't sure about ignoring the sub-forum aspect.

Thanks,
Mitch

Back
Top Bottom