Fed up with perishing DUI zip seals!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Everyone

I have a DUI TLS350 with Zip seals ... wrists + neck

Problem is that the wrist seal perish so quickly.
The first set showed signs of wear after two lake dives in a lake in Feb, there was no sun and no heat and it was fresh water.
The shop agreed and said they would send me a replacement, which they didn't.

The wrist seals started leaking after 25 dives, I replaced them with seals I purchased as spares with my original order.
These are showing signs of wear after 12 dives. I really don't think they will last another weekend dive trip.

Has anyone bought a standard set of seals from a shop and glued them on to the zip seal?

I look after all my kit very well, rinsing out after every dive and storing it in the shade.
It is not me scraping past the harness as the signs of wear are all around the seal.

Thanks .... VENUS

Last edited:
I haven't had a set last less than 2 years.But, I only get 60 dives dry in those 2 years. Mine crack and look like hell, but they still work just fine.

Thanks Robert

This is exactly what I do, there is nothing motorised in my garage

As soon as I got the suit, the guy came round, took the seals out of the bag, trimmed them for me fitted them on the suit
I left the suit in the garage for a few days
Did two lake dives to test it out and the seals were worn all round the edge where they are glued on the ring

The second set had been in the garage for months before I used them them, they went on the suit and once again they are perishing

It is cold here in the UK and we have very little sun, certainly not in Feb/ Mar

It *may* be the way you are storing your drysuit. I store mine out of sunlight, heat, ozone created by electric motors and always give them a good coat of talc.

I hope that helps

---------- Post added July 11th, 2013 at 02:39 PM ----------

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom