Feedback On Cenote Diving Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Submerged_Stories

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, wanted to share this latest video I have been working on as I was very inspired by my time diving in the Cenotes of Mexico: Exploring Mexico's Hidden Underworld | Cenote Diving

I am very much an amateur recreational diver and videographer but wanted to challenge myself to actually make something out of all of the footage I took on my recent trip and share it in a more formal way which led to making this channel.

What do you think? Would genuinely appreciate any feedback you may have or tips to improve for next time :)

I actually very much enjoyed your video and to be perfectly honest......... I only have two suggestions that I think might make it a bit better.... since you asked, I hope you don't mind...

1) On your intro.....I would choose something maybe a bit more interesting and "acoustically" friendly than what looks like a home office... There seems to be a bit of an "echo" in that room........ but just that room. Your narration sound quality on the rest of the video sounds GREAT!

2) I personally think that a slower "fade in" - "fade out" transition on your video clips would look great...rather than the abrupt "instant" transitions. Just kinda makes it flow and is easier on the eyes in my opinion..... Hope that make sense... To illustrate what I mean, here's a youtube link below to a trip vid that I made about 10 years ago... Just go somewhere to the middle of the video and you'll see what I mean by the "fade in and out" video clip transitions.

Look forward to seeing more of your work... Cheers...

Lovely cinematography and dialog in the video. The audio at the beginning is messed up. I am a new diver but after the amazing views in the video, I will add the cenote Angelina and cave training to my list of future adventures.

Thanks so much @Scubadog! This is great feedback. I don't mind you giving it at all and in fact it is exactly what I was looking for! You have some great shot from Bonaire, I would love to go someday. And I see exactly what you mean about the transitions. Will play around with that style a bit

@txdamselfish awesome man! You gotta do Angelita and try out the cenotes! They are so cool :)

You are both spot on about the audio comment. I was very focused on shooting and scripting but overlooked audio. Will work on fixing that in future videos. Maybe invest in a new mic? If anyone has any good audio tips I would love to hear it!

Cheers! :)

Hey all,

I actually dive in the cenotes two three times a week here in Merida. @Submerged_Stories I would echo the comments above but at the same time I am literally just starting out as well so I'm filled with more questions than critiques.

I'll ping you separately though. In any case, the cenotes down here are awesome but farther inland our caves are pretty different with the first difference being depth. All of them generally start at about 40M and the halocline is normally around 55M.

Back
Top Bottom