feeling suddenly hard to breath + claustrophobic at only ~38ft???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i didn’t think any of this was funny - admittedly I was being a bit flippant

Hey, when you go to pick up your regs, see if they have a front zip suit

After the first time, when you go into the water with Temps around freezing and you forgot to close your drysuit, you will add zippers to your safety check before the dive :D

Never happened to me, but it's a common mistake and fun to watch(on a shore dive. when doing a deep water entry it can be dangerous).

You asked when it is OK to abandon the panic control and bolt. The answer is simple: never.

You don't have to stay down. If someone feels extremely nervous or even panicking it's not the best choice to Stay down. Depends on how sever the feeling is.
But doing a slow control ascent is the right answer. Call the dive, and ascent with the situation under Control.

I have a dive buddy that has felt something similar but only after being vertical in the water for a period of time, especially if we are somewhat shallow. If he flattens out horizontal the feeling dissipates.

I wonder if a wetsuit that is too tight in the torso is a contributing factor? Going deeper compresses wetsuit material, which can relieve some of the constriction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom