Fellow diver, Harry Avery passed away......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I received this e-mail, just a little while ago from fellow Swamper Debra Welch.

"Si scuba just posted a few pictures Harry Avery today on their Facebook and said in loving memory. Sounds like Harry has passed away. He sure did fight the leukemia as hard as he could. So sad, great guy. Debra Welch"

We thank SI Scuba for posting the information on their Facebook site..... in memory of the passing of Texas Swamper and friend and also fellow diver Harry Avery.

I remember meeting Harry for the first time several years ago and diving that afternoon with him, what a loose.

My thoughts are with Harry, and my prayers go out to Harry's family.

Alan K.

It is with profound sadness to learn that Harry has left us. All I know of him I learned from his posts and updates here on SB, yet his words resonated with a powerful strength and love for life. He has, indeed, "fought the good fight, run the good race", and he has served as an inspiration to a huge number of people across the nation through this venue. My thoughts are of this courageous and valiant man, and my prayers are lifted up for his family and friends. May God grant you comfort and peace in your time of grief, and my He provide you with blessed memories of Harry for the entirety of your lives.
Go well with the Lord, Harry.

Harry was always very nice to me and was an avid scuba diver. I read his posts as did many of you, and he fought the Leukemia as hard as he could with his family by his side.

Wow, just saw this tonight- so very sad to lose Harry, as he was a really neat fellow the one time I did hang out with him at CSSP. He was quite charming and interesting, as he had many life experiences to share with us. Although I didn't know him well, I respect the love he had for life, God, and family. I pray his family is comforted by thoughts of his life.

WOW just saw this. Cant believe it. Harry was such a great person. I only got the chance to dive with him once but it was a great time. RIP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom