Female solodivers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A compass? I guess I have one, but my sense of direction is based on the following simple rule here off Catalina: deeper is away from shore, shallower is towards shore. Dive boat usually somewhere in between.

Happy birthday there WaterBearer.

Hey.... Waterbearer

Happy Birthday. Another Aquarius wouldn't you know :D

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I am solo diving a lot since it is hard to find anyone on my work schedule etc. I enjoy it. Its me time and I dont get a lot of that. I Solo dive mainly one dive spot that is sheltered etc but I guess it still counts as solo diving. I have probably dived this site 500 times but it is enjoyable and im in the water so im not complaining at all. Its my home base dive site I guess you can say.
I think like any dive it comes down to planning.

I do prefer to dive with buddies and enjoy the fun or a guide from the LDS when I am travelling to an new area, even if I have researched the dive sites, but sometimes it is nice to just get in the water without the hassle of other people and their schedules etc.

I think most solo divers that I know dive in tropical locations, good vis, warm water. To me, this is a lot more benign environment than poor vis cold water. While it is true that many things could go wrong, diving with a bad buddy can make things worse as well. Personally, I think the drive to the dive site is more dangerous than solo diving.

Dunno, Dennis, cold water and poor viz is all I've got up here :wink:. Most of my solo dives are in cold water.

And looking at the weather report for the Bruce Peninsula and southern Ontario for the next two weeks (snow, snow, ice, windchill, snow) your comment about the drive being more dangerous than the dive is spot on. :wink:

I'm a solo chick. It makes me happy. And I Have a compass. It is very pretty. I don't use it much. I zen dive. I always make the buoy line too..... Unless it's a drift.... Then not so much.. :)

I'm a solo chick. It makes me happy. And I Have a compass. It is very pretty. I don't use it much. I zen dive. I always make the buoy line too..... Unless it's a drift.... Then not so much.. :)

I did a Zen dive once. It was in a Texas stock tank in zero viz. I mean ZERO viz. Couldn't see my depth gauge or my SPG. All I cold hear was myself breathing, and suspended in warm chocolate milk. Bottom time: 28 minutes. Maximum depth: 12'. My first solo dive. For some reason it wasn't my last. :)

I'm a female solo diver. Usually sites that I have been to many times with a buddy. Ocassionally deep ie greater than 100ft. Most of my diving is with a buddy, but being solo wouldn't cancel my dive. Just adds a little gear.

hay girls - what were the first extra pieces of equipment you bought?
i'm just starting out thinking of going self reliant ( .. possibly solo ..) so aside from a mask - pony or twins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom