Ferry between Curacao and Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ah well...still wishing we could get there by boat! thanks!

Muzicgirl..

I understand your desire to NOT fly on the little island hoppers.. But, I have to tell you I was really pleased with Divi Divi. A little nerve racking, but not as bad as I had expected.. the flight was 25 minutes and 4 of us flew roundtrip for $380.00..

As others have noted, the Chogogo is no more and is unlikely to return. IMHO, it was better in concept than in reality -- especially when an option like Divi is available. (Ferry: fly into CUR. Get luggage. Clear customs. Get taxi. Go to waterfront. Drag luggage to ferry. Wait. Board. Get seasick. Four hours later, get to BON. Divi: Get luggage tell them you are in transit. Check in. Wait a short time. Board. In 20 minutes you are there!)

Here are the options I am aware of:
a) Fly direct to BON via jet. For example, both Delta and Continental fly from the USA (IAH, ATL, EWR or JFK) to BON.
b) Rent a boat in CUR to BON. This would be spendy and will not be an easy transit. I would expect something like four hours (this would also likely require a taxi from the CUR airport to the dock).
c) Fly a small jet (i.e., DAE) from CUR
d) Divi. Take a valium and you are there in 20 minutes. And safer than option B...

Wow well if the flight isn't pressurized I guess that would make a difference...oh man the thought gives me nightmares though

If the flight stays that low it's maybe ok, but "ok" has nothing to do with it being unpressurized.

Commercial jets are typically pressurized to 8000ft, and are typically flying upwards of 30000. If a flight is unpressurized that simply means it going to be flying at a low enough altitude that the passengers won't pass out. So an "unpressurized" flight could be flying at 5000 ft or whatever.

The pilot on the DIVI opened his window during the flight so that the passengers would have some air circulatiopn in the back!

We booked our flights today with DAE - 46 passenger plane...so I'll hope for the best...anyone have any tips for flying with them aside from wear all of your clothes and show up early to the airport?

i have sit navagator and yes you usually would not go over 2k ft. When i say it is a non pressurized flight it is because if you were flying a major airline it is possiable that you could fly low enough to be ok but the airplane pressure could be what causes a problem.

As a disclaimer i cant say that it is impossiable for anything to happen. But my expierence doing 15-20 dives a week nitrox. never had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom