Fiber optic cable help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a TS2 and a underwater housing for the life of me how does the fiber optic cable attach?

Attachments

• IMG00033-20101206-2043.jpg
    IMG00033-20101206-2043.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 126
I have a TS2 and a underwater housing for the life of me how does the fiber optic cable attach?

Hi I had this same issue with another brand of u.w camera. There are probably easier ways to go but I went the long way around to solve this. I bought some small plastic nuts and bolts from a local electronics shop. Drilled into the bolt head the diameter of the cable then siliconed the nut to the camera case - to the flash area or where it won't get bumped. Screw the bolt into the attached nut and insert cable into drilled hole. It works for me. Black out around the existing flash and let the cable do the work. This way I figured you can get the silicone off without too much damage to the housing if need be. Cheers Fishfngr

check out strobes section on this site look for -more-s-re-fiber-optic-cable-housing-attachment

Check this info. out its a better explanation than mine, cheers

@RDRINK25:

I was wondering the same thing. Would this housing happen to be the DMW-MCFT2? I just bought this housing from B&H, so maybe we're in the same boat.

@RDRINK25:

I was wondering the same thing. Would this housing happen to be the DMW-MCFT2? I just bought this housing from B&H, so maybe we're in the same boat.

yes it is you need the adaptor that inon makes for there strobes it is a "w35 cap". I ordered one from reefphoto.com it was $30. Then depending on your strobe is what fibre optic cable you will need. Here is a pic of the cap it is on the right side of the pic.

Attachments

• DBase_MCTZ3_s.jpg
    DBase_MCTZ3_s.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 109
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom