Fiber optic cables to connect RX100ii in Nauticam to Z-240 strobes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All,

What kind of sync cable do I need to connect an rx100ii in Nauticam housing to z-240 strobes? I bought a set of cables but I canot find a way to screw them onto the Nauticam's optical port (or whatever you call that), which tells me I got the wrong cables. What do they look like?

Thanks,

Joss

---------- Post added February 11th, 2014 at 09:49 PM ----------

Ah, I think I see my mistake. My cables look like that:
Nauticam SLR Housing to Inon Strobe Fiber Optic Cable [nau.26211] - $100.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

What I need is one like that:
Nauticam Sea & Sea -> Inon Fiber Optic Cable [nau.26214] - $100.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

Darn.

You can also connect the normal inon D cable L type to the housing either into the small hole or get a $5 bush plug. You don't need to get a sea and sea to inon cable unless you like the ergonomic. I already have two sea and sea L type and I bought a small adapter that goes on the strobe. Besides I have a brand new inon cable with plugs on sale right now on eBay was a duplicate Xmas gift if you want it give me a shout

The cables I have are Nauticam brand. They are apparently intended for SLR housings. They connect to the strobe fine, but I don't see how to connect them to the housing.

You can also connect the normal inon D cable L type to the housing either into the small hole ...

How do I do that? There doesn't seem to be a way to remove the L-shaped adapter meant to connect to the SLR housing...

... or get a $5 bush plug.

You're saying that there are adapters that plug into the housing and allow to connect the SLR cables? Can you put up a link for that on one of the US stores? I don't know how to search for it.

No you have the wrong product and need to return it and change it for the sea and sea version

Otherwise you need to cut the useless side and connect to the small holes but then you were better off buying the inon cable that costs less

Can change the cap end

You don't even need to do there are two tiny holes on the housing you can cut the cable and push it in there
Or if you want to make it stylish buy a set of $3 bush plugs and slot the cable in there with some glue and then you have a sea and saw a connection
However if he can it's better to change the cable to the proper one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom