Fiji Air carry on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

browntrout

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will Fiji Airways accept a backpack as personal item? I typically bring one with my laptop/Ipad, passports and items I would need during the flight. Everything I have read leads me to believe they are very restrictive. Their website denotes a personal item as a laptop or a purse.

Be careful, we had a flight there and when we cancelled we had to pay $800 cancellation fee (which was ok as it was in the fine print and we knew that), but then they refused to repay the rest of the flight fee until 12 months had lapsed. After much arguing , only the direct threat of making it national news got a refund of around $900 (the remainder of the fair. The local travel agent was of no use at all and pathetic so I don't use them either. Don't see the point of using a travel agent and paying them for service and getting none when you need them most.

At the time Fiji Air were Air Pacific. I see they have changed their name. I hope they have changed their attitude. I refuse to fly with them anywhere now.

Will Fiji Airways accept a backpack as personal item? I typically bring one with my laptop/Ipad, passports and items I would need during the flight. Everything I have read leads me to believe they are very restrictive. Their website denotes a personal item as a laptop or a purse.

Yes and they did not weigh mine which was over their posted limit.

Back
Top Bottom