FIJI Diving Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I guess it's about time I got round to this as I have been back few weeks...

Beginning of the month saw me in Sunny Fiji on Vomo and I had a chance to do 3 days diving with Steve and Julie from Aquacadabradiving . Thanks to them for coming out for little old me as it was a bit of a trek for one customer....

I have to say I was a little bit disappointed by the diving round Vomo - but I can't complain because I got my head wet. The viz was pretty good at 15-20 m and the water temp about24 I think. The biggest disappointment was the coral - a lot of dead stuff about but there were some good canyons and swim throughs and stuff.

The highlight though - dive number 3. The dive had been pretty uneventful and we were thinking of calling it as we had done 40 minutes and then Steve spotted a white tip. He signalled and then we moved over and we saw another and then another with Steve keeping on holding his fingers up increasing the numbers!

What we found was two small coral heads about 5m across, 3m high and about a 1m gap between and these things were figure of eighting around it. We reckon on at least 6 white tips but maybe more! We stuck ourselves in the channel and starting filming/taking pictures - check out no zoom on this photo

Needless to say we were fizzing after that one!

If you are thinking of heading to Fiji I can recommend Vomo as somewhere to get away from it all - great staff and great food.

Other photos here: Vomo Gallery

Jonathan

Hey!
Great photos, especially the white tip.. That would be VERY cool to see in person.
I looked into your Gallery, and noticed the last photo.... Looks like Tribal council on Surviver, with out Steve Probst!:D

Great photo! We're headed to Fiji on November 15. Hope to get pictures of the Blue Ribbon Eels (and maybe some sharks).

Thank you for sharing, Jonathan. The shark is way cool. By the way, congratulations!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom