Fiji diving - this December - help with itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fintan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there, I'm based in Australia and currently planning a trip to Fiji in late December for 2 weeks (over Christmas & NY).

I dive, girlfriend doesn't. So I've been trying to find places that offer good weather, diving, beaches & other things to do... as I won't get to dive every day. I've done 30 - 40 dives in Australia / South America & Galapagos.

We haven't booked anything yet, but from a good bit of research, here is our current plan:

Fly into Nadi, transfer to Pacific Harbour for 3/4 nights. Dive 2 days - sharks one day / coral & wreck dive another. We are thinking of staying at Uprising Beach Resort and diving with Beqa Adventure Divers. Is this is the best options in the area? Is Pacific Harbour a good option for diving? Has anyone went with Beqa Adventure Divers?

Then transfer back to Nadi and get boat out to Yasawa / Mamanunca group, spending Christmas and NYE at 2 - 3 of the islands. I've read that the diving in the Yasawas is not bad, but it is nowhere near the best in Fiji. I'm thinking this option because my girlfriend doesn't dive at all and need to compromise!! Also, since I'm not a pro diver, I'm thinking I will still be impressed. Will I? What is the diving like in this region? Can anyone recommend the best islands / resorts / dive companies that operate on these islands?

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks,
Fintan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom