Fiji hyperbaric chamber...open or not ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4kafka

Contributor
Reaction score
Headed for Fiji next month, and would feel better knowing the hyperbaric chamber at the Colonial War Memorial Hospital in Suva was up and running, as this is the only such device in the entire country...
Anybody know the current status ?

Hi. The chamber at CWM was taken out of service some months ago due to not meeting current international standards. It was working fine, but rules are rules. A tender has just closed for a replacement and the last I heard, a few days ago, is that a decision will be taken very soon, (within a couple of weeks Fiji time) as to the preferred supplier. How soon that will turn into a working chamber is not clear but once finance has been approved, there should be little preventing it's installation in a couple of months. My guess would be by the end of January. I will post something more definite when I know.
Dive safe.
Greg

+1-919-684-9111
International Emergency Hotline,
DAN emergency services staff.

List of potential treating Recompression Chambers in Oceania/South Pacific:
:: Hyperbaric Health ::
(Not sure if this is up-to-date now, or if Hyperbaric Health is still the corporate entity running these chambers anymore).

Last edited:
+1-919-684-9111
International Emergency Hotline,
DAN emergency services staff.

List of potential treating Recompression Chambers in Oceania/South Pacific:
:: Hyperbaric Health ::
(Not sure if this is up-to-date now, or if Hyperbaric Health is still the corporate entity running these chambers anymore).

That website shows this entry for Fiji... "Opening soon in Namaka Medical Clinic,Nadi, Fiji"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom