• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Fiji - Voli Voli or Wananavu?

Discussion in 'The Pacific Islands' started by Snoobles, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Snoobles

Snoobles Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Bula! My husband and I and some friends (between 2-6 other friends) are going diving in Fiji in April 2020 and are debating between Voli Voli and Wananavu for the first part of the trip (for a week). We will then go to the Taveuni island for the second half and have picked a resort there already.

On emailing the resorts, Voli Voli seemed more with it on responding to pricing (first response had all the info I needed) and Wananavu we are on like email 8 or 9 to get the info I need, but Wananavu looks nicer room wise.

We were wondering if anyone has stayed at Voli Voli and Wananavu and have any comparison or feedback on the lodging, food and diving. We don't have kids, so not looking for family friendly, but looking for clean well appointed rooms, good food (I have a food allergy), and good diving with good dive master to diver ratios.

Thanks all!! Any help appreciated!

2. JohnN

JohnN Solo Diver

Bula

I dove with Wananavu in late August '18 and can enthusiastically recommend their dive operation. I was told by another couple staying there that the restaurant food was just 'meh.

Unless you really want to stay on the resort, I'll suggest you have a look at the following Dreamview Villa on Fiji's Stunning Suncoast. Re-opening 1st Nov 2017. UPDATED 2019 - TripAdvisor - Rakiraki Vacation Rental

We had the condo to ourselves. Very nicely furnished and the view is spectacular

The condos are up the hill from Wananavu and they can provide lunch/dinner if you request it. BTW, they are superb Indian cooks. The only negative is that if you do not have a car (we did) it would be a major hike up that hill.

As for diving, if conditions permit, pay the extra money to dive the 'Passage' (Bligh Strats). Spectacular doesn't begin to describe it.

Trailboss123 likes this.
  3. Snoobles

Snoobles Angel Fish

Thanks for the info @JohnN. We may end up with quite a few of us on this trip so the resort is just easier.

Do you know how many divers to dive masters there were at Wananavu? Or how many folks are on their boats?

4. JohnN

JohnN Solo Diver

6-pack (although there were only 3 divers when I was diving), 1 DM