Filter Frame Dimensions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_Fresh

Contributor
Reaction score
Can somebody please please please post the inside dimensions in mm of the newer (BS Flip5,6,7) frame(s) with the mount screen loose?

As many of you know, GP alternatives, such as, Sony, Garmin, Yi, Apeman, and other China cams have slightly different bezel dims.

Basically put, I would love to give my money to Backscatter or SRP, but I must first confirm that the unit will be close enough to work with some slight shimming or modifying.

With the wide range of GP Housing Bezel dimensions, it's mind boggling trying to make heads and tails of it all. As I recall, the GP H3 is like 43.75mm x 39.27mm?

I am out in the Philippines, so I don't have ready access to other cams or frames to measure. But I have someone willing to bring a Flip system next week if I can commit based on these results.

Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance.
:cheers:

if i find my calipers, i can take measurements this weekend

Runsongas, Thank you thank you! I really appreciate it. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I was still State-side, I'm just on a limited time window to commit here.
:cheers:

Ah perfect! Thank you again. I should be good to go, the longest dimension on my bezel is 39.5, should work with some shimming on the long side of the frame. I will go ahead and get a Flip.

I owe you a beer if you come to Philippines or when I leave from San Fran again. Cheers buddy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom