• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Fin break-in period?

Discussion in 'Deep 6 Outfitters' started by dulinor, Dec 11, 2019.

1. cerich

cerich ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    The fins will never break in, they will break down first, in maybe a century.

It's gonna have to be about boot now, or your foot just isn't playing nice with our foot pocket

chillyinCanada likes this.
  2. cerich

cerich ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Our fins REALLY aren't a good choice for flutter

chillyinCanada and dulinor like this.
  3. Hank49

Hank49 Solo Diver

Depending on the material your foot pocket is made of, you can change the shape to fit your foot.
    I have a bit of a high arch also and had a set of Pathos footpockets that were a bit flat for my foot.
    I dipped the pocket in boiling water for about 15 seconds and put in on my foot, over a thick sock. I then dipped my foot and pocket into cold water. It changed the shape and was much more comfortable.
    After a year or so though, the pocket began to flatten out again. But it still fit better than the original.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  4. rongoodman

rongoodman ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Learn to frog kick. Not only should it solve your short term problem but it will be the basis of all the precise positioning kicks.

5. dulinor

dulinor ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Yep that’s the plan (and one reason I got these) - I can frog kick and it went well when I’d do it but 10+ years of split fin conditioning is hard to break. Found myself flutter kicking whenever I stopped paying attention.