Fin Opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jscott83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm using a pair of Scuba Pro Jet Fins that I've borrowed from a friend for my dive training, I really like the fins I think I like that they are a little stiffer. I haven't been able to find an XL pair at a priceI want to pay right now I see knock offs on line but not suet will fit with my bore of the difference.
I wanna make sure what with my boots sz 11 aqualung high top zipper.
I'm looking at the the Ocean pro mako I like the looks but have seen mixed reviews like on everything

What would you suggest for someone using the Scuba Pro Jet Fins and likes them.

To be clear....you are looking for a fin that is similar to a Jet, but cheaper?

Your comment about not wanting to pay a certain price is why I am asking.

To be clear....you are looking for a fin that is similar to a Jet, but cheaper?

Your comment about not wanting to pay a certain price is why I am asking.

Yes similiar to it in stifness I think. I know you get what you pay for but right now I can't spend that much or the wife would hang me. That's why I'm looking towards another brand. Style doesn't have to be the same, think I like the the all rubber of the jet with out the plastic on most fins.

Hope that helps
Thanks for helping a newbie

I wear the same size boots with XXL jet fins. I got mine on Leisure Pro, but if you set up a recurring eBay search you can score a used pair of jets for cheap. Hog makes a cheap knockoff, XS scuba makes another knockoff, OMS has a neutrally buoyant knockoff that is supposed to re-release next month, Aqualung has a floaty knockoff that is a bit less stiff (which I recommend against). The knockoffs are all pretty similarly sized in my experience.

Makos are nowhere near as stiff, you're better off with knockoff jets. Be patient and wait for a used pair on ebay. I can pack into a large pair of jets with some thinner size 10 ankle-high boots.

Try Craigslist as well, there were millions of Jet Fins made and it is hard to kill them.

Bob

Lots of jets/turtles/rockets on Craigslist.......also see if you can find either the HOG tech or UTD fin as they are almost identical to each other, a bit softer, come with spring straps and are under $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That.

Or set up a recurring search on ebay. I never remember how much I paid for stuff on ebay or SB, but i always tell my wife it was a screaming deal. She doesn't use my PayPal account, thankfully...

I paid around 65 for xxl jets and 40 for xxl OMS slipstreams back in January. Good deals are out there. You just have to look hard for them. And you can't kill jet fins, so even old ones are normally in "like-new" condition.

Last edited:
That.

Or set up a recurring search on ebay. I never remember how much I paid for stuff on ebay or SB, but i always tell my wife it was a screaming deal. She doesn't use my PayPal account, thankfully...

I paid around 65 for xxl jets and 40 for xxl OMS slipstreams back in January. Good deals are out there. You just have to look hard for them. And you can't kill jet fins, so even old ones are normally in "like-new" condition.

But you can certainly bend them, I have a pair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom